Exhibition Proposal Submissions
If you would like to be considered for an exhibition of your work, please send a written package to the curator Chantal Barber, following the outlined requirements below.
We receive numerous exhibition requests throughout the year and a board reviews submissions on a twice a year basis (February & September). Ordinarily the Georgina Arts Centre & Gallery plans its exhibitions well in advance aiming to have an upcoming exhibition schedule in place for the next 3 years. This provides us with sufficient time to plan and organize major exhibitions as well as related educational, marketing and fundraising initiatives.
Required Submission Package for The Georgina Arts Centre & Gallery
To build your Submission Package, you will need:
- 8 to 12 images of your work (jpg’s only) on CD or DVD. Be sure to save files as follows: 01titleyrlastname.jpg, 02titleyrlastname.jpg, ect.
- An accompanying list of works that includes title, medium, dimensions, year and price
- A brief artists statement (no more than 250 words)
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of intent
- Self addressed and postage paid return envelope
NOTE: Submissions will not be returned without return envelope Please address all submission packages with: ATTN: Chantal, Submissions Georgina Arts Centre and Gallery 149 High St. Box 1445 Sutton, ON L0E 1R0
The GAC has a number of Locations to Exhibit for which artists can submit their work:
- The Gallery Shoppe has a year-long contract where 2-4 pieces can be displayed (maximum to total of 4 sq. ft). There is a nominal contract/commission fee and the intake, once accepted, is immediate.
- A solo and/or shared “themed” exhibit in the Main Gallery. This is a longer process (the GAC is currently booking exhibits into 2015), but there is no submission/contract fee, only a commission upon sales at this time.
- The GAC also offers a Juried Competition every fall which any artist can enter in any medium.
- Our Satellite Galleries are located off-site in places such as the Georgina Libraries are also available for exhibits.